Friday, January 18, 2013

The BOY is a 1 Year Old Today!


The Mister Boy is 1 today!  Happy Birthday to my sweet jellybean, my one and only.  I can't quite believe that a whole year has come and gone.  My mind is still trying to process the whole experience of becoming a mom & watching this little human grow.  All I can say is, high five to husband and I!!!  We made it through things I didn't think we would-babies first cold, first fever, teething, car seat woes, wrestling match diaper changes, spit up everywhere, figuring out breastfeeding, pumping, going back to work, night nursing, and traveling with a baby.  And even in our most exhausted moments, we knew the beautiful sunshine would come up the next day and we would all be tucked away together in bed safe and warm, ready to greet the dawn.  Because those gummy smiles of Maverick's made life so much softer and filled with light.  I thank him every moment for making me a mama.  Best of all, I am his mama.
...i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)
...you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you
...i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

I will hold him extra close today as I remember with all my might the evening in which, a year ago, Maverick Tobias Smith entered this world into the arms of his dad and unto my heart.  Warm and powerful.  It was dark outside but there was so much light in that room as he arrived and a love I never knew swelling up my soul.

xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment