Friday, November 2, 2012

Model/Real Life: Autumn Overalls

Model/Real Life: Overalls

Model/Real Life: Overalls 

Welcome November!
A dress?  Overalls?  It's both!  And it's so 90s cool that I was taken back to my junior high days just like that.  I found this great little dress at the Goodwill in Oxnard a while back and was instantly drawn to the autumn color pallet and funky tribal-like design.  Then I saw that it was a dress that looked like overalls and had buttons down the side-totally whimsical details that I adore!  Sold.  Oh, and breastfeeding friendly to boot!  
So the Hub, Mister Boy and I made our way up to Ojai one sunny & super warm Sunday to hit up their beautiful Farmer's Market.  I threw on my overall dress, since it's such an easy piece to just throw on (those 90s pieces were oh so breezy weren't they?!!) and paired it with my newly thrifted leather lace-up boots (another 90s gem from Nine West-holla!).  The boots added the perfect Fall detail while I kept pretty cool in the easy, breezy dress.  The overall outfit ended up looking like a bohemian-90s-grunge-My So Called Life dream.  Amazing!  
Our day was great too, with yummy butternut squash bought to make soup and a baby who cooled off in a water fountain.  Maverick loves the water and was so brave, just sitting right in the middle of the fountain and trying to climb atop of it!  He was quite the little entertainer.  I am so thankful for lovely Fall days spent outside under the warm sunshine.

1 comment: