Friday, October 19, 2012

Weekly Roundup: Introspection & Links!






The in's and out's of daily life have have been exhausting and wonderful.  I find myself with not enough hours in the day to soak everything up and check things off my long to-do list.  I know it takes time to get used to working and being a mama, and I am finally figuring out some balance in that department.  Weekends have become a time to truly unwind, slow down and savor family time.  This whole mom thing is a constant juggle and I am reminded daily of the awesomeness, beauty and transformative power becoming a parent has had on every ounce of my life.  It's no joke.

I am also very lucky to have a husband who takes pride and joy in caring for our son.  He showers him with such warm cozy love and always has hugs to give me too when I come home.  Right before I fall asleep at night, I often think about how much I appreciate what he does for our family.  We both have made sacrifices and manage to keep the laughs flowing.

The significance of this time in our lives is not lost on me-I hold the magic and power of this time close.  And, this time of year always seems to bring much needed introspection and reevaluation.  It's a time to take inventory.  This time a year ago I was preparing for the arrival of Maverick, dreaming about his face.  Now, I am dreaming about the future of our small family, aspiring to live a slower paced life filled with good things.  Desiring a simpler life.  Makes me happy to think about Mav growing and being able to teach him new things and simply be present for him-no need for big things.

Personally, I am always working on caring for my whole being and not being so hard on myself.  The Hub and I have had a pretty rough few years with so much anxiety over the sale of my grandmother's house (in which we lived for a while), pregnancy and preparing for a baby while I was not working, sacrificing many things in order to pay for Mav's home birth (will never regret it), the blur of having a newborn, having to move with a 3 month old, and my job searches for the last six months.  Whew!  There were many a moment where we felt pretty helpless and oh so tired.  In times like that it's easy to forget to care for yourself and pat yourself on the back for the wonderful things you are accomplishing, no matter how small they seem.  Now, things feel so much more secure and on track.  And even though  I feel regret for the time I wasted on stressing out during my pregnancy, I have worked on moving on and feeling gratefulness for all the good times.  That is why, when Mav turns a year in January, I will be overcome with emotions-for the loss of his baby-ness, but also for making it through the rough patches and doubts as a new mama.

So I am happy to welcome the changes this season has in store for us.  I am excited about spending time with family during the holidays and taking time to savor these last few months of baby-hood.  I am also hoping to get more comfortable at my new job and find happiness in that part of my life (it is still a bit murky at this point, but trying to be positive).  I also want to enjoy meaningful time with good friends with good food and conversation.  Just breath in all the spiced deliciousness that is Autumn!

Major link to love this week?  The Color Me Whimsical tumblr, where all the above images are!

A few more links from this week...
     ▼I love Roberta's cozy chill out picks for the weekend!  Makes me want to lounge around, sipping on hot beverages in between cat naps all day.
     ▼Still love the Milk-Friendly blog.  As a breastfeeding and now pumping mom, I appreciate all the fun style tips (it really does matter what you wear as a pumping mom, unless you wanna strip down!)
     ▼I love Kelly's blog and I especially enjoyed this post-relates quite well to what I have been feeling lately!  Beautiful words.
    What's been inspiring you lately?


1 comment:

  1. I love this post, so much. It's true that we all go through peaks and valley's, we just have to learn to navigate through them and always try to look on the bright side. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete