Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Soul Searching

The season is changing.  Although the weather does not indicate this change around my neck of the woods, you can feel it in your bones.  When this change happens, I always seem to take inventory on my life; reflecting inwards and thinking about the days that have passed by.  It's so important to take a moment to make new goals and dream.  Each season is a gift.
 
And even if it will be a while until the leaves change color, I lit a beeswax candle to welcome the changing season.  As I cleaned and de-cluttered I thought about how transformative this year has been so far, the challenges of a new baby and a growing love that makes my heart ache.  Change has never meant more to me.  The months that lay ahead hold so much wonder, with great new milestones to celebrate and a new life to help shape.  In taking this time to reflect, I realized that it is the simplest of moments and things that have made me happiest.  Simplicity is truly a state of mind, as well as a beautiful daily act that I hope to incorporate more into my families life.  Slowing down, taking time to be present and appreciating my now are goals I have made for this new season.
 
The simple act of lighting a candle has made a big impression on my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. Love the way you've expressed them. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete