Monday, September 10, 2012

Motherhood: Favorite Baby Toys

Fav Baby Toys

Fav Baby Toys 

Now that Maverick is getting bigger and way more interactive each day, I've been thinking more and more about safe toys for him to play with.  I am not really into all those blinking, noisy plastic toys (although we do have some that family has given us).  I love the classic designs of the wooden toys, with beautiful colors and simple parts.  They are aesthetically pleasing so I don't mind seeing them scattered all over the living room.  Plus, I love how lots of the companies who make them use non-toxic paints & ethically sourced woods.  Good design and fun!
I have been thinking a lot lately about pairing down on Mav's toy collection and just keeping his favorites, while adding some well-made toys like the ones above.  Investing in several different age level toys that will last longer makes so much sense.

1. Yellow Label Kids Organic Veggie Rattles-Mav has the red radish & it's one of his go-to toys.  It's bright, cute and light making it an easy toy to take with you.
2.Plan Toys Drum-I love Plan Toys!  This drum is a perfect grow with baby toy, enabling years of entertainment.
3. Hape Rhythm Set-Hape is another company I really like.  All of their wooden toys are simple with modern colors and chew friendly.  I really want to incorporate more musical toys into Mav's collection & this set is perfect!  These will also last for years to come.
4. Hape Wooden Book-we have this little picture book & Mav loves when I "read" from it, pointing out the colorful animals on each wooden page.  I like that it's made with non-toxic inks so it's ok for Mav to chew on this book!
5. Plan Toys Push Cart-this is on our list especially since Mav will be trying to walk soon.
6. Hape Butterfly Push Toy
7. Kid O Stack & Nest-Mav is almost ready for stack toys and I like the simplicity and warm colors of this one.  Plus, it's a stacking and nesting toy all in one, which means less toys.
8. Wee Gallery Sea Art Flashcards-mostly I am in love with these!  So pretty!
9. Plan Toys Assorted Fruits & Veggies-this is so cute!  This is for a toddler but I am keeping it in mind.
10. Skip Hop Bath Birds-now that Mav enjoys bath time play, I am thinking about getting these.  We own a few other things from Skip Hop and really like them.  I like their designs and how affordable they are.

What are some of your favorite toy brands?  All of these items can be found at Oompa or click the link above! 

No comments:

Post a Comment