Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Model/Real Life: Ikat

Model/Real Life: Ikat

Model/Real Life: Ikat 
A friend of mine told me that Ikat means "to bind" in Malay.  I think this meaning is beautiful and I smile to myself whenever I see the Ikat pattern.

I found this amazing Ikat printed skirt at one of the downtown thrift shops and was instantly taken with the colors.  I love the combination of the warm mustard and the deep plum.  Perfect colors for Fall.  This skirt has amazing texture and I was delighted to discover pockets once I got it home!  I wore the heck out of it this summer, pairing it with woven sandals.  Today I decided to test it out with my new favorite pair of boots.  Ikat is a pretty bold print and a little goes a long way, so I downplayed my outfit with a basic tee and minimal accessories.  I also included a very special model in this one! 

After looking at these, I realized that this skirt might look even better hemmed a bit...what do you guys think?  Oh, and please forgive some of the awkward poses and such, my husband thought it was funny to crack me up while snapping photos!  
What do you think of the guest model? 

The Details:
Vintage Skirt-thrifted
Boots-thrifted ($5!!)
Grey tee-thrifted
Woven Hat-belonged to Toby's Papa
Handmade Cigar Necklace-made with love by Faith 

1 comment:

  1. Love the guest model! And also the "crack-up" shots. Very good post!

    ReplyDelete