Friday, February 1, 2013

Must Have: Wide Brimmed Hats

Wide Brimmed Hat Love

Wide Brimmed Hat Love 

Besides my ever-growing & unhealthy obsession with stripes and plaid (I think I need therapy), I have been called by a higher power to find the perfect wide brimmed hat.  Dramatic.  Yes, indeed.  But, I have been looking for that perfect hat to add to my collection (I have a lot of hats).  Hats are an essential accessory to any outfit in my opinion.  In fact, I feel naked when I am not wearing one!  I love them so!  It takes a certain quiet bravery to rock a damn good hat, ya know what I mean?  I totally made that up, but I love a girl in a hat.  Sigh.  I also have an image of the perfect wide brimmed hat that I am seeking in my head: felt or wool, maybe a little worn & roughed up from years of use, a thin leather band wrapped sweetly around the magical hat, a deep chestnut or dusty gray hue and a nice wide brim.  End of story.  I have yet to come across it on my thrift store jaunts and may have to pay a little more for one somewhere else-eek.  My obsession with the wider brimmed hats is obvious if you follow me on Pinterest.  Ridiculous and out of hand I tell you.  The hats & the stylish ladies donning perfectly wide brims above are my current favorites.  That blue one is dreamy!  So, is a wide brimmed hat a must?  Duh, of course!  I'd love to know how you would style yours?!!
xo, B   

No comments:

Post a Comment