Friday, September 14, 2012

Link Lovin'

Happy Friday!  Well, it has been a whirlwind of a week over here!  I have been cleaning up a storm and trying to de-clutter.  I had one of those moments where I wanted to rip the house apart and get rid of everything!  Ever feel like that?  So, I am trying to streamline things as much as possible with my closet next up on the list of things that need shaking up!  I have another good reason for cleaning things up (besides being crazy): this mama is going back to work!

I had a special interview last week that I was almost certain I would get but I didn't want to jinx myself. Well, I just found out yesterday that it is official and I will be returning to work faster than expected.  I am a bit freaked out and excited all at once!  What's really freaking me out right now is pumping enough milk for Mister Boy while I am working.  I know I can do it though and am trying to remain calm and positive.  Mom's out there, please send any working while breastfeeding advice/tips!

Ok, back to the fun stuff.  Here are the things that made me say ohh la la this week!

➸Go check out Love Fox Vintage!  Faith just started, so expect great things to come as she works it all out!  There are some cute things in there right now and that blouse above is my favorite!  I love the slouchy boho shape and bright colors that will enliven your fall duds!
➸➸I have become obsessed with beeswax candles, so I was delighted to see the DIY on Elsie & Emma's blog, A Beautiful Mess!  It's like they read my mind!
➸➸➸Since I am newly in love with Instagram, I loved reading Sweet Thing blog's instagram editing process-so fun!
➸➸➸➸Have you seen this series?  In love!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your new job! i also stressed a lot about being able to pump enough milk but in the end there was always enough. until you go back i would pump as much as you possibly can stand it in order to build up a good supply.

    i ate a ton of oatmeal since i heard that it increases your milk. i also took fennugreek supplements for the same reason but i found that they tasted and made my breath and body smell like maple syrup! ew! i don't know if it has that effect on everyone but i couldn't handle it so i stopped haha. i'm not sure if either really had an effect on my supply or not but it can't hurt to try them if you feel like you need the extra "boost." i've also heard mother's milk tea is really good but i've never tried it.

    as far as actual pumping, try to get to a quiet spot and just relax. read a book, check your email, look at pictures of your baby, whatever. just try not to work! use your pumping time as a break from the stress of your work day. good for your sanity :)

    good luck!
    xo allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and one other thing: make sure to wear clothes that give you access to your... area! one time i wasn't even thinking about it and i wore a dress to work that would be impossible to nurse in, so i definitely couldn't pump in it. i ended up having to take my dress OFF and use it as a blanket/shield. i put a note on the break room door and locked it just in case. not my best 1/2 hour!

      Delete
  2. Dear Allie, Thanks so much for the advice and words of encouragement! I am feeling less stressed about it now that I started pumping, although I am still hoping to get a good supply going. I have been pumping as much as possible these last few days! It's hard work for sure & harder still when you have a little one to watch! I will try some of your suggestions once I start working:) I am nervous about whether or not I will have a nice spot to pump where I am working!? I will be working at a school and am not sure what the break room situation looks like-eek! I may have to get a battery pack & pump in my car. Oh, and thanks for the reminder about clothing-I totally didn't even think about that!

    xo, B

    ReplyDelete